LOVE AUTUMN? CONSIDER THESE 5 FUN FALL DESTINATIONS FOR TRAVEL NURSES
For many people, autumn is the most beautiful season of the year. Temperatures are cooler but still pleasant, foliage is often stunning and fun activities range from apple picking to fall color tours and festivals to Halloween celebrations.
If you’re a travel nurse, you may wish to pursue the autumn assignments that allow you to take maximum advantage of that seasonal fun and beauty. As such, here are suggestions for some prime locations to pursue this fall...
BROWSE ALL TEXAS NURSING JOBS
- Dallas, Texas. The average temperature in Dallas in November? A balmy high of 67 degrees F. That’s plenty comfortable enough to enjoy Dallas Cowboys football games, the Arboretum’s Pumpkin Village or hikes through the Trinity River Forest, the White Rock Lake Trail, Katy Trail, or the Cedar Ridge Preserve Trail. Or, get to town early and hit up the Dallas State Fair (through Oct. 20).
BROWSE ALL WISCONSIN NURSING JOBS
- Madison, Wisconsin. Travel to the heart of the Midwest to enjoy some of the nation’s most colorful foliage, perhaps biking around, hiking through Devil’s Lake State Park, visiting the 16-acre Olbrich Botanical Gardens for this year’s illuminated art show or cheering at a UW Badgers football game. You might also dress up for the 29th annual Freakfest, Madison’s premier Halloween party and live entertainment celebration set for Oct. 26.
- Camden, Maine. Think lighthouses, gorgeous vistas, scenic trails, crisp fall air and fun outdoor recreation without the unwanted addition of biting insects. Since you’re dodging tourist season, explore local shops and restaurants at your leisure (and get the lobster). Indulge in kayaking, paddle boarding and/or canoeing or take a ferry to artist colony Monhegan Island. Nearby, visit Pepper Hill Farm for a chance to ride an Icelandic Horse, see a live show at the Camden Opera House or the Strand Theater or visit Farnsworth Museum.
BROWSE ALL NEW JERSEY NURSING JOBS
- Anywhere in New Jersey. Contrary to popular belief, parts of the Garden State are among the most scenic in the nation, and the hiking can be excellent. Fall foliage is generally most beautiful at the end of October. New Jersey is populated with multiple quaint historic towns that make excellent, drivable day trips no matter where in the state you’re headquartered. And of course, the epicenter of New York City is just a quick commute away. Look here for a listing of fall festivals throughout the state.
- Sacramento, California. Although the state capital retains its comfortable warm climate year-round (average November high temp: 65 degrees Fahrenheit), its fall foliage is still stunning. Among the city’s multiple attractions are the 28-acre Old Sacramento State Historical Park or visit the California State Railroad Museum, Crocker Art Museum, California Automobile Museum, Sacramento Zoo or the abandoned Gold Rush site Sutter’s Fort. You can also take an audio bike tour that tells the story of the Gold Rush from a local angle. Don’t forget to celebrate the local Mexican culture with some authentic fare.