NEED HELP? 11 GREAT WEB RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOUR TRAVEL NURSING CAREER
We'd love to always be your one-stop resource for your travels, but we get it, sometimes you just want peer insights. Well, whether you need to educate yourself about job trends, you wish to catch up on the latest industry news or you want to compare notes with others who understand your joys and challenges, there are plenty of options out there on the "inter webs." So that's why we put together this list of OneStaff-approved industry favorites.
- Healthcare Traveler Today — A news site reporting on everything from industry trends to job market insights to healthcare legislation.
- Highway Hypodermics — A 16-year-old site run by a practicing travel nurse, it bills itself as a trusted resource that helps bridge the gap between traveling nurses and travel nurse recruiting companies.
- PanTravelers.org — Run by trade group the Professional Association of Nurse Travelers, it features everything from editorials to legal information to employment tips.
- National Association of Travel Healthcare Organizations (NATHO) — This site, managed by the nonprofit trade group, sets service standards and posts news articles and other info relevant to the industry.
- Healthcare Travelbook — A source of information and online forums for new and seasoned traveling healthcare workers, this can be especially helpful when you need honest feedback, opinions and/or support only those in your field can provide.
- Travel Nurse Help — Run by experienced traveling nurses, this site posts company reviews from others and offers firsthand tips on navigating the industry.
- Gypsy Nurse — Compiles jobs and housing opportunities listed by multiple organizations, posts articles and offers free tools for connecting online with nurses across the U.S. Its social media platforms maintain 100,000 followers.
- Head Nurse — A humorous blog written by a head nurse that candidly discusses the ups and downs of the profession.
- RealityRN.com — This site offers copious information and commentary on life as a real-life nurse.
- TruthAboutNursing.com — A site dedicated to challenging stereotypes about nursing and educating the world about the value of the profession.
- Bluepipes — Run by a former recruiter, this career management site can help you maintain detailed clinical records and resumes, connect with professional networks and obtain career-related advice and information.